Happy Belated Christmas everybody! I hope everybody had a lovely time (from reports, it seems everyone did).
It was a simultaneously low-key, but explosively awesome Christmas this year. Christmas kind of crept up on me (to me, it still feels like it should be October...I don't know, this year just blew by).
- DVDS!: Slumdog Millionaire, Kick-Ass (from Nick), and several of these awesome TCM sets from Target that are ridiculously cheap, but include insanely awesome movies from the 1930s-1960s (the sets I got included, among other films, Casablanca, Singin' in the Rain, several Hammer Horror movies, LOTS of older Hitchcock films, James Dean movies (East of Eden, Rebel Without a Cause, etc.), 1930s James Cagney Gangster films, etc. Every single film in these sets is good. A+)
- Since I knit him such a cunning Jayne Cobb hat
, my boyfriend made me (yes, I said made) what can best be described as a babushka....sort of... it's more of a scarf/hood. At any rate, it's very comfy and warm and and not at all lopsided like you might be imagining and I've been wearing it all over the place because it is freezing here. It was terribly cute of him to do. Apparently, he tried knitting me something to return the favor, but, according to him, "that shit is hard..." How terribly domestic we are, exchanging home-made gifts (though, we also got each other OTHER things - He got me movies I wanted, I got him the 5th season of Doctor Who on DVD... and crocheted him a little stuffed Dr. Zoidberg from Futurama. Our's is a geeky domesticity.)
- Five new pairs of earrings
- A small Indian-made jewelry box and elephant-shaped piggy bank, which I LOVE and is going to come in handy over the next few days, as I also got...
- A lot of money. Like, an obscene amount from everyone in the family. An obscene enough amount that I was convinced it was sort of conspiracy and was looking at them all, like, ok...what the hell? Which leads me to my grandfather's gift...
-So, this was the year that my granddad bought my cousin Connor his first laptop. He apprently felt the need to compensate with all us grandkids, as he got Ryan some expensive little kid stuff including a motor-powered dirt bike, which, oh dear God, the child is going to break his head open, gave Chase a big chunk of money to put down towards his Land Rover (since Chase is going to start paying for his car on his own soon), and gave me two tickets to...( Collapse )